Friday, November 18, 2011

To Do

Don't you love a quiet lead-up to Christmas? Time to shop for the perfect gifts, pen thoughtfully worded cards to your nearest and dearest, hand-make stylish decorations to brighten your home and hearth, plan a delicious Christmas menu.

We have a few things to get out of the way before we can start thinking about all of that yuley stuff. There's our much-anticipated week at the beach with a group of lovely friends. Then there's the wedding of the year, when my dear friend Amanda will marry her lovely Tim. My outfit is already arranged - miracle of miracles - so now I can concentrate on my two other jobs, making the wedding cake and singing at the ceremony. (Not alone, thank goodness, as I'm not really a singer, but it's a continuation of the tradition of this group of girls serenading each other on the big day.) And then we have the end-of-year celebrations at preschool, including the Christmas concert.

Oh, and we're moving house too. A week before Christmas.


Turns out the white picket fence was meant to be. And now it's ours...for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah i am so excited for you. Pencil me in for moving/babysitting/unpacking duties - i am around the week before xmas so that is great timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you do have much coming up! So glad the white picket fence is going to work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be exciting to be in your new home...but I hope you can find a few elves to help you out over the next month. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...